Friday, December 21, 2007

240sx turbo project

So i have started accumulating the parts necessary for turbocharging the stock KA24DE in my 240sx. Here is a list of the parts and their cost so far.

1. TB022 garrett turbo, this turbo is off the twin turbo nissan 300zx. It is quick spooling and will be just barely usable at 8psi, if im lucky ill get 10psi out of it. I want to use it so i can get a better understanding of fuel tuning and fabrication before moving up in power.


2. A volvo side mount intercooler, this thing looks awesome. I can tell it will be very efficient, this will help me minimize pressure loss through the intercooler.

3. A first gen DSM (diamond star motors) blow off valve. These things can handle good amounts of boost without leaking, especially if you compress the spring a little more.

So far my total amount spent is $147.50 w/ shipping

No comments: